How to create very simple WordPress theme in 7 steps
Hello world i will explain in 7 steps how to create a very simple WordPress theme from scratch.
For this tutorial you will need a Server with Installed WordPress CMS and navigation of 5 simple pages.
This article is for web enthusiasts who want to learn to create WordPress Themes from scratch with minimal designs, files, scripts and plugins which will slow down your web and Google Pages Speed results.
- Grab the white paper and make some layouts see the picture below. In my sample i will add basic Home Page Layout
Learn create WordPress Themes
- Install your WordPress CMS on local host or server and go to Appearance -> Themes and look for your New Theme …….. ops is not there right? To Display your custom theme you need to create it first. The easiest way is to follow the next step
- Connect via FTP to your server and find the the path to your WordPress Themes folder. Should be look like this /wp-content/themes/
- Create new folder with your Theme Name and add this empty php files and folders in your WordPress Theme folder:
- Open every of the files above in your favorite text editor. For this lesson i will use Notepad++ connected with Fire FTP for Firefox for fast edition live on my browser only. If you have other ftp and text editor use your own it is upon your skills and knowledge.
- Add the code snippets below to every single file which you create above and save them on your server
- Go to Appearance -> Themes and activate your WordPress Theme which you create above
Download The Files
Want to learn more? Subscribe for my posts.